We, like most of you who will read this, had beautiful weather last weekend. Laura & I took advantage of that in the following ways (these are just the highlights):
Friday Night: Friday night Laura, Wes, Eric, and I went to the bar at the Ambassador Hotel. We enjoyed a Friday night in October with a temperature of nearly 70 degrees. While we were there we met a fascinating guy named Dave. Dave first caught our attention walking down Wisconsin Ave. without a shirt on (hence dubbed "Naked Guy"). He was denied access to the hotel (where we later discovered he was staying) because he had no shirt. If you were wondering (and come on--you were!) he gave his shirt to the lead banjo player at The Rave (and no, we're not sure where Banjo Guy's shirt was). Well, it was a good thing Dave picked our table, because he told us all about the company that he runs, The Original ScrewDevil (not to be confused with the copy-cat ScrewDevil). He even gave us a all a free shirt (which he got from his car after Eric literally gave away the shirt off his back so that Dave could go in the Ambassador and get his keys). It was a night to remember.
Saturday: On Saturday I had to work at a stupid open house all day. Laura did a lot of reading and homework (I know, I'm a bad person!). We escaped the building in the afternoon and went to the Public Market (my favorite place!) where we bough
Sunday: Sunday was a day of adventure! We ate breakfast out doors at a lovely cafe and it was delicious. It also happened to be the Milwaukee Marathon (sadly, same day as the Chicago Marathon), so we wandered down by the lake and saw part of t
So, that's the story of my first visitor. If you think that this sounds like a wonderful time, that's because it was--and you should try it by visiting Milwaukee very soon. Hugs & Misses...
4 comments:
I'm glad Laura's your first visitory but I'm even more excited that I'm your second. Only four more weeks.
xo
~Kelly
I mean visitor...I really can spell!
That Dave guy that was me
Its amazing what you find 7 years later on the internet.
Post a Comment