Monday, November 5, 2007

Chicago, Chicago!

Alright...so I took my first trip outside of the city! Last weekend (yes, yes it has been a while) I went to Chicago to see my sister (Lindsay--the younger, not married but engaged one), and my mom and dad came down to see us both.

Friday night my sister and I were alone in her adorable apartment in Lincoln Park (I really love it--all lofty and cute!). The highlight of the night was: I took the train from Milwaukee into Chicago. When I got to Union Station it was POURING rain. So, I jumped in the first cab I could, and gave him the address. He drove me to....well....somewhere near Lindsay's apartment, then told me that he didn't know exactly (as we headed in the wrong direction!) and told me to get out. He actually kicked me out on a random corner in the pouring rain in Chicago! Thankfully, another (nicer) cab drive stopped and picked me up and took me where I was trying to get (which turned out to be about 5 blocks the other way).

Mom and Dad got into town early Saturday morning, and we filled out time eating and shopping. We spent the morning in Lincoln Park shopping and then went downtown. The city was super crowded. There was people EVERYWHERE!

Check back next week to see & read what happens when Mom and Kelly show up in Milwaukee this weekend! Hugs & Misses...

No comments: