Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, I am back in Milwaukee and getting ready to start 2008. I spent a fabulous ten days back in Michigan, and spent both Christmas and New Years with my family. To get the trip started, my flight out of Milwaukee was cancelled, so I had to make the six hour drive home all by myself. When I moved here, I vowed to never drive home unless I was going for good. But I feel better knowing I can do it any time I have to now. But only if I have to.

While my whole trip was great, there were a few highlights:

Lunch with my girls: On my first day home I had lunch with Becca and Sarah. I think it is possible it's the first time we've all been together since NYE last year! Such a long time.
The holiday's with my family: My whole family spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day together. It was a great day of relaxing, and I can't think of a better way to have spent the day. I got great gifts, and I can't wait to use them all!
Baby Bella: Kelly and Eric got a dog! Her name is Bella and she is a Vizsla. You should google it and see the pictures. Bella is a baby right now, so she is tiny! I am looking forward to seeing her when I'm home again in a few weeks.
Updated wedding plans: We did some wedding planning while I was home, and I think we've picked a bridesmaid dress. Of course we're all getting excited for Lindsay's big day and Kelly and I loved the dress that we picked...Now if only we can figure out what color!
Catching up with friends: I saw a few friends I haven't seen since I left home, and that was amazing. It feels good to remember that there is a way to balance both of my lives.

But, like they say, all good things must come to an end. My dad drove me back to Milwaukee yesterday and flew out this morning. I'm back in the office, and getting excited for all the things 2008 will hold. Eric will be back in WI on Friday, and all will be right in my world.

Thanks for checking in...Hugs & Misses...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Glad you made it back safely. I heard the ride was none too pleasant. Thanks again for taking such good care of Bella New Year's Eve, she really appreciated it :-)We're looking forward to seeing you over your birthday weekend and spending time with Eric too!

Love
~Kelly