Well, for the first time since coming to Milwaukee, this weekend I ventured outside the city limits. It was seriously like taking my first deep breath since Michigan!
On Saturday AnnMarie took me to the Mall just outside the city. It's called Bayshore Towne Center, and my Lansing family & friends probably recognize the name. It's exactly like the East Towne Center. Even similar restaurants. Sights from home included a Bravo & a Barnes and Noble (downtown Milwaukee offers Borders). To say the least, I made up for lost time shopping. I bought two new button up shirts, two new sweaters, and two pair of pants. Oh, and new face wash....I'm a sucker for body products! Overall, it was wonderful to be out of 2040 and feel like I was spending time with a girlfriend (although nothing like my friends at home...).
Sunday was a day of a
After my boat tour, I had a burger & beer at a local pub. The beer was a local (no, not Miller Light-although it remains my favorite-Sorry Dad!), and it was delish! I made one quick stop at Old Navy (maroon jumper and black yoga pants) and Boarders (a new Marrian Keyes book) and then home. I'm exhausted from my travels, so I'm going to put on my new yoga pants and curl up with whatever football game is on, my new book, and wait for my dad to call!
Hugs & Misses to you all...
1 comment:
I had to go back and comment on the boat trip. Any trip that includes seeing a lighthouse is a trip worth taking. Gotta love those strong beacons of light that stand guard over the harbor. Ahhhh
Love you...Mom xo
Post a Comment