Monday, September 10, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away...

It has been a gloomy gloomy day in Milwaukee. It's been raining pretty much since I woke up. In fact, as I type this I think it might even be snowing. I am not sure.

Today was my first day "working" and so far--so good. I work with a super nice lady named Judy. She is in charge of all of our accounting. She was a wealth of information about the city. Some of her insights included avoiding manicures at the salon next to Target and walking East but driving when I go West.

John, my new boss, just finished the Iron Man yesterday in Madison. I met him briefly today. He stopped in to say he was very tired, and we could work tomorrow. Ok...So. That left me another day to explore the city.

I wandered downtown (which is about 15-20 blocks from my apt.) and found a little mall. It's not spectacular, but it has a TJMaxx, Linens & Things, and a sto
re very similar to Younkers. I picked up a few things for my house, then came home. Outside is no place to be in this rain!

I've taken pictures of my house and posted them on Picasa, but I'm going to put them here too. The first is my kitchen. There's more cupboard space than I can ever use. My living room is Brown & Pink and in pretty desperate need of stuff on the walls. I'm waiting for my new t.v. to come, and hopefully to get a painted wall!







My plan for the rest of the day is a work out in the gym here in the building, cook dinner, read, and get ready for my second first day of work.

So far I'm not super lonely, although there are times. My phone number hasn't changed, so you can call me whenever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are missed.

also please stock the space in the cupboards with baked lays and laffy taffy for when i visit.

That is all.